Beautiful Experiment (Island of Defiance, #1) - January Valentine BEAUTIFUL EXPERIMENT reminded me a bit of the television series, LOST. It has a dark and mysterious vibe to it that urges you to read just a bit more in an attempt to learn more about this mysterious island known as the Island of Defiance these juvenile delinquents have been transported to.

Teenaged Brook has lived on the Island of Defiance for as long as he can remember with a man only known as “Father.” Brook and Father are responsible for reforming the endless stream of hellions that are frequently dumped on the island.

The latest bunch of delinquents, referred to as waywards, are different and Brook senses that from the moment they enter the island. As the story unfolds, emotions run high; bonds are formed and trust is broken. What is the real story behind this mysterious island?

BEAUTIFUL EXPERIMENT is the first book in a brand new trilogy by author January Valentine. This paranormal fantasy is chocked full of mystery, laced with some light romance and promises to be a very interesting adventure if this first book is any indication of how the trilogy will play out.

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews