The Sweet Gum Tree - Katherine Allred THE SWEET GUM TREE is an emotionally fantastic read!

THE SWEET GUM TREE is a story that follows a precocious little girl named Alix French throughout her childhood with loads of entertaining trials and tribulations. I loved that sometimes her antics had me laughing until I had a stitch in my side and other times had me forcing back tears.

The range of emotion that Katherine Allred injected into the story at the beginning continued on in the roller-coaster type fashion all the way to the end - when Alix finally gets her happily-ever-after. If you are cursing me about the slight spoiler for outing the HEA ending, DON'T! Trust me when I say this story will wear you out and you will be plenty surprised will all the unexpected turns the story takes! You will be praying for an HEA by the time you are finished!

This is a great romantic drama, so if that is what you are searching for, then get this book - I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews