Carry Your Heart  (After Forever, #1) - Audrey Bell Why is it that good girls always fall for bad boys? It must be a chemical found only in females. WAIT! I think I remember reading about this in science class… *goes to look it up* Ah, yes! I was right! I KNEW IT! It’s the chemical called I'ᴍAᴅᴜᴍʙᴀssBᴜᴛOʜHᴇIsSᴏHᴏᴛGᴏᴛTᴏHᴀᴠᴇTʜᴀᴛDɪᴄᴋRɪɢʜᴛNᴏᴡ! This chemical makes girls lose all common sense in the presence of overly confident, hot and sexy males – I say girls, but don’t get excited, because it never goes away; in fact it sometimes gets more intense with age.

There is no fucking way I’m letting you toss my board into the bottom of an airplane. You know how many times I’ve lost my snowboard? Zero. You know how many times JetBlue has? Four. Four fucking times. How is that level of incompetence even possible?

See? That’s snowboarder and Gold Medalist, Hunter Dawson. Prime example right there. Any level headed female would run the other way – I mean, who would want a hot-head like that? Okay, who cares that he is perhaps the most gorgeous man you have seen in ages? He loses major points for possessing the asshole gene. DO NOT PASS GO! DO NOT COLLECT $200! And by all means, DO NOT GET IN BED WITH THIS MAN! Ha! Not so fast! Did you forget about the aforementioned chemical found in normally levelheaded females? Umm-hmm. Pippa Baker is a woman, so, yep! She has it!

Pippa Baker lost everything that meant anything to her in an avalanche over a year ago. Once a champion skier, she walked away from it all; lost in a world of grief over the death of her boyfriend and his best friend. She has pretty much stopped doing anything that ever brought her any joy, including skiing. She just can't go back to it. Her former coach isn’t taking “no” for an answer. He is determined to build her back up to the champion she once was. So, when she finally succumbs to his persistence, the last thing she is looking for is love – especially love with a loose cannon like Hunter Dawson.

Hunter throws off jerk vibes at every turn. He’s arrogant and he’s a womanizer. He has a bad reputation, but there is something truly magnetic about him. See? Even I’m getting sucked in and wouldn’t mind having a little piece of his "action," if I’m being honest. Hunter may seem like he has it all, but he has wounds from his past that need healing too. Once he drops the “tough guy” act and shows his tender side, there is just no way any woman could resist – and Pippa is no exception.

Pippa and Hunter have amazing chemistry, but old habits die-hard. Hunter is a bit like a puppy being potty trained… It takes a bit for him to learn, but once he gets it, he really gets it.

New author, Audrey Bell makes a fantastic debut with CARRY YOUR HEART. She did a wonderful job with creating great characters – characters that I look forward to learning more about. I’m a fan. I’m really looking forward to what she has in store for the second installment in this series called After Forever.

NOTE: Self-Published indicates no “professional editing” has occurred. With the exception of some grammatical and spelling errors, Bell has done a great job of giving the reader a lovely finished product. I know some readers take off stars for editing errors, so I thought this was worth mentioning - if the story is appealing to you, please don’t let this deter you from snatching it up. I can almost guarantee you will not be disappointed.

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews