Christmas Do-Over

Christmas Do-Over - Shashauna P. Thomas Santa Clause is coming to town in CHRISTMAS DO-OVER, giving a whole new meaning to the phrase, "You Better Watch Out"!

In this short holiday read, Julian McGee is a man who is down and out and has lead a life of criminal mischief...that is until the beautiful babe named Lilly waltzes into his life. Though Julian has been in and out of trouble his entire life, he is inherently a good person. When Lily shows him his destiny, Julian clearly sees his purpose in life and is eager to move on to that chapter.

I enjoyed Shashauna P. Thomas' play on some Christmas traditions and legends...like when "bad" children get coal in their stocking because they don't deserve a real present. The author says it's symbolic of troubled children being "diamonds in the rough" -- I thought this was such fantastic symbolism that I had to look it up to see if it was true!

On the flip side, I believe this story would have been a fantastic story if it had been a wee bit longer -- building up to the big reveal about Julian's destiny. It was, however, a cute and sexy holiday treat.

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews.

The Romance Review